Thursday, August 20, 2009

Why Keep it a Secret?

So, the more and more I learn about people who are TTC, the more and more I see people trying to keep it a secret.

I admit, at first I was hesitant to tell anyone. What if we were judged by family or friends? What if they thought we weren't ready for a child? What if they were even MORE miffed that we were going through infertility treatments and haven't even graduated college yet. (Well, Hubby hasn't.) What if they thought we were too fat/poor/immature?

So I kept it quiet for awhile. At least the fertility drugs part. Not only did I NOT want to tell people that I was barren - I didn't want them to pass judgement.

But who am I kidding here? If I got pregnant what would I say... "Oh it just happened?" No. I worked my ASS of for this baby and went through a LOT to get her in my uterus!!!

At first I was also going to keep this blog private and invite only certain readers. But why? I have learned SO much from other blogs, and I hope that one day I can finally announce my pregnancy on here, and someone else in the shoes I am in now, can read and see all the steps I had to take to get there. I love reading success stories!

So anyway, I don't want to judge people for keeping their TTC a secret because I know how it feels. But I hate lying and I'd hate lying to my kids or my family about HOW we did it. So I am just letting it all OUT!! WOOT!!

4 comments:

  1. let it hanggg! haha.. welcome to the TTC blog world. and you look AMAZING in your pictures on your other blog. I'm so jealous! :)

    love, hugs, and babydust always,
    Heather<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny. I just love you!

    My husband and I just barely started TTC this month. We're not telling anyone b/c if (God forbid) I miscarry, it's not something we want everyone to know. However I admire your candideness and on a blog like this I don't think there's anything that's TMI.

    So keep making me laugh and GOOD LUCK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Two baby makers! Hopefully we'll actually MAKE some babies soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. April, I love your blog!!!!

    We are frank with people if they ask, but otherwise, we keep the TTC on DL....ONLY reason being, I don't want the pressure of having the whole world watching us as we're trying to make a baby. It's seems emotional and stressful enough with just me, DH, and a few PCOSing friends and bloggers riding each and every cycle with us.

    I have thought about coming clean on FB, and am still considering it. Even though I don't want the pressure, I do want us to be acknowledged for trials we are facing. If we get pregnant, it wouldn't be just *any* pregnancy. We have 4 1/2 years of IF under our belt, and very few people know. *sad*.

    You've given me something to think about, April! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your support!